One of the things I have played with is the bread. I started out using just regular wheat bread, then moved to wheat burger buns. However, since Oroweat has come out with their new 100% Whole Wheat Sanwhich Thins they are the only thing I've been using. They are super tasty and only 100 calories! We have started using them in our house for everything from burgers to sandwiches to mini pizzas. Happy cooking!
1 serving = 1 burger (recipe will make 2)
* 1 8oz chicken breast
* 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce (or lettuce of choice)
* 2 canned Pineapple slices
* 2 tbsp Light Miracle Whip or Mayonaise
* Teriyaki Sauce
* 1/4 cup shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella
1. Poke the chicken a couple of times on each side and marinate in 1 cup teriyaki sauce for about 30 minutes. (This is optional. If you choose not to marinate then put some sauce in the pan while cooking chicken)
2. Lightly coat a frying pan with spray oil and cook chicken. To get extra moist chicken, cook at high temp for about 3 minutes on each side. Then reduce to medium heat, cover and cook on eat side for 5 minutes or until done)
3. While cooking chicken toast your buns (this is optional). Once they are done lightly apply 1tbsp to each bun (this is for the whole burger so split the 1tbsp between the two sides of each bun). Pour about 1tsp of teriyaki sauce onto each side of bun.
4. Place pineapple ring on 1 bun and romaine on the other.
5. Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally. (You can either put the cheese on top of the breast while in the pan, recover and let melt and then move to bun OR put the chicken on the lettuce side of the bun and then cover with cheese.)
6. Place one bun on top of the other and enjoy!
*** To mix it up try adding some red onion or avocado. These two ingredients are not included in Nutritional Information