Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Mini Egg Frittatas

While messing around on Twitter this week I came across this recipe created by What's Gabby Cooking. As someone who spends a lot of time on the go I truly appreciate the Grab-And-Go breakfast. I made a few changes to the original recipe to fit my taste. They came out super tasty and were perfect for my dash out the door this morning. I hope you grab one some morning soon!
 Happy eating!

I used the BIG HUGE muffin pan that we have which means  

1 Frittata - 1 serving

1/2 red bell paper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
4 oz zucchini, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
9 eggs (I used egg whites)
5 large mushrooms
1.5 tbsp olive oil for drizzling (I used spray)
Salt and pepper to taste

Spray Oil
Muffin Pan
Wax Paper


This recipe entails a lot of dicing (something I'm not very good at/fond of). To make it easier and faster I love using one of these choppers. It's by far my favorite kitchen gadget we have and I use it every time I can for almost every veggie I eat. 


It makes everything perfect, evenly cut squares that my OCD self just loves

 

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

2. In a large 10 inch skillet heat the olive oil on medium high. Saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and red and yellow peppers for about 5 minutes until they are slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper. 

 

4. Add the sauted vegetables to individual, lined muffin molds. I also sprayed mine with a little olive oil to help prevent them from sticking.


5. In a seperate bowl wisk the egg whites and salt and pepper. Add equal amounts to each mold.

 

6.  Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are completely set.


Great served Hot or Cold. Microwave for a few seconds to reheat if desired.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good... I like the idea of using the paper like you did instead of the muffin papers... I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete