While messing around on Twitter this week I came across this recipe created by What's Gabby Cooking. As someone who spends a lot of time on the go I truly appreciate the Grab-And-Go breakfast. I made a few changes to the original recipe to fit my taste. They came out super tasty and were perfect for my dash out the door this morning. I hope you grab one some morning soon!
I used the BIG HUGE muffin pan that we have which means
1 Frittata - 1 serving
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
4 oz zucchini, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
9 eggs (I used egg whites)
5 large mushrooms
1.5 tbsp olive oil for drizzling (I used spray)
Salt and pepper to taste
This recipe entails a lot of dicing (something I'm not very good at/fond of). To make it easier and faster I love using one of these choppers. It's by far my favorite kitchen gadget we have and I use it every time I can for almost every veggie I eat.
It makes everything perfect, evenly cut squares that my OCD self just loves
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large 10 inch skillet heat the olive oil on medium high. Saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and red and yellow peppers for about 5 minutes until they are slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the sauted vegetables to individual, lined muffin molds. I also sprayed mine with a little olive oil to help prevent them from sticking.
5. In a seperate bowl wisk the egg whites and salt and pepper. Add equal amounts to each mold.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are completely set.
Great served Hot or Cold. Microwave for a few seconds to reheat if desired.