Monday, March 22, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Sweet and Savory Roasted Almonds with a Little Spice

I wanted to make my own fuel giving snack for all of the hiking my family did this past weekend in Joshua Tree and this is what I came up with. I ended up adding some raisins to give it a little bit more sweet. It was a huge hit!

1/4 cup = 1 serving

2 cups whole almonds
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp vanilla extract








1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.


3. Spread on a baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes.

4. Wait until cool, and mix together once more.

 Separate into 8 individual bags, or leave in 1 big bag, and store for a great snack all week long.

*Don't want the heat? Just take out the cayenne pepper :)

**Want a little something more? Add raisins after the almonds are done cooling. (these are not added in the nut. into)

No comments:

Post a Comment