Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Rose Parade Floats

Having lived in Southern California my entire life, the Rose Parade is something that was watched (over AND over) every New Year's Day while I was growing up. When I was in Jr. High my Dad took my brother and I to see the floats a few days after the parade. When I was in High School my Mom took my brother, a friend and I to spend the nights on the street and see the parade in person.

This year I thought it would be fun to go to Pasadena and see the floats up close once again (no, I didn't spend the night on the streets). So I gathered up a couple friends and some family and we headed out...things sure have changed since I was in Jr. High! (
Please don't take this as a complaint, it's merely a show of how things change). I remember parking down the street, walking a couple blocks to a grass field and seeing the floats up close with just a couple people. This year, we parked at the Rose Bowl, waited in line for 1.5 hours to get on a shuttle, rode for about 15 minutes to the streets the floats were parked on then viewed the floats with THOUSANDS of people.


All in all, we had a great day filled with some fun memories AND got to see the bulldogs ride down their ski slope (which is probably my favorite float EVER). The following are some of my favorite pictures from the day. You can click on them to make them bigger and if you want to see more, click on the link under the last picture.

I love all of the tiny details on some floats
Early morning birds

How a lion gets a curly mane
My Dad's favorite
I like this guy's tongue
My favorite, after the bulldogs
Bulldogs!!!
My ADORABLE 3 month old niecel
I hope your 2010 is going great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment